Hands up those of you who dislike having to mop floor/s? All that cleaning of the mop, or sponge mop is a pain isn’t it?
Well we think so and when we heard about the Vida Steam Mop we were instantly interested. To offload all that extra rinsing, squeezing and changing water had been but a dream!
With this steam mop all that is gone. All you have to do is add plain tap water to the reservoir, tie on a triangular micro fibre mop head, switch on and hey presto you can clean the floor with very little effort, get into the corners easily round chair legs and under tables.
Leave the floor to dry – much quicker than with the wet mop – put the mop head in the washing machine ready for the next time. It’s that easy!
The results on the floor? We have a stone floor, sealed, it holds dirt in the crevices which only a scrubbing brush would remove. The Vida mop coped very well indeed.
The micro fibre head was pretty dirty after our mop over – the floor has been wet mopped for the last 10 years. Washed later in a 60º programme (important to use liquid detergent) the head came out clean enough to see it could be used next time. Let it dry and hey, job done.
- Instructions very easy to follow – how important is that!
- Easy to use
- The water heated up quickly
- We did find the mop head difficult to tie on securely the first time we tried, and it did take a bit of effort to make it tight enough not to rub off. We would like a velcro or an elastic tie on. We would also have liked a second mop head as back up.
- Emptying the reservoir is a bit awkward.
- Another suggestion would be to have a clip to hold the plug to the lead when it’s stored away.
- The lavender coloured loop to help remove the mop head when it’s hot, mentioned in the instructions was not included.
Out of 10? 9, and if our suggestions are taken up, it would be 10!
So does the product checklist work for us?
- Hi powered chemical free cleaning – YES – this the biggest plus feature for us
- Extendable arm can be adjusted to suit your height – YES – excellent
- Ready to use in just 28 seconds -YES – it’s a breeze to assemble!
- We can’t verify 99% of household bacteria is killed, but with the water heated to 120ºC we can believe it
- Recommended – YES, highly, try taking it away and we’ll bite your hand off!
- At £44.99 we think it is well worth it. Available on line of course.
Helen Smith & Jean Jarvis
PS Correction! Keep the mop – we had a flood in the kitchen the other day and we needed to mop up the lake that appeared. So glad we hadn’t thrown the mop out!